Greetings from a new guy,
My purpose for joining this forum is to seek input on building a stealth system for my wife's new 07 Chrysler Pacifica. I want to keep this system as stock in appearance as possible. My background is that I am a 50 year old paint and bodyman with an affliction for high end home audio. Now I want to install a great sounding and imaging system (not just high spl) in her new car. Here are the conclusions that I have drawn so far from trudging through the internet;
1. WIth the factory navigation system, steering wheel controls, and oem 6 disc dvd changer, there are no interface boxes currently availavle to replace the stock single disc dvd player/radio. Guess I'l have to wait and concentrate on the back end of the system.
2. I'm looking into dynamtting the doors, building internal speaker boxes and using Polk SR6500 component speakers. 2nd & 3rd choices were DLS irridium and CDT speakers. ANy thoughts on this choice?
3. No preferences on the rear doors yet, but probably 6.5" mid bass drivers from Polk or DLS.
4. Running a 4 channel amp off the speaker level inputs from the factory amp. THen a mono or 2 channel bridged amp for a sub controlled by a Pyle parametric eq that I already have. Amps have not been selected yet, but Im looking for as small as possible yet still sound good.
5. I would prefer to run a 5 channel amp to only have 1 amp to hide. However, thay all seem quite large. ANy ideas or suggestions on small chassis 5 channel amps?
6. I am in the process of building a fiberglass box to mount an 8" RF woofer that I have now in the factory location. But I am open to changing the woofer if there is a better 8" model out there.
As you can see, I am up in the air on many of the specifics for this system. Other than to keep the appearance as stock as possible, Im open to all suggestions from the (more experianced than me) community.