CARSOUND.COM Forum

Go Back   CARSOUND.COM Forum > Expert Forums > Todd Ramsey on Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
mrcllusb

Hey Chris these are the two i am looking at
http://www.autoalarmpro.com/2_way_starter_w_alarm
http://www.autoalarmpro.com/code_alarm_srt_6700
I like the features of the 9000,but the remote has those ugly vehicle selections on it that are either a lamborghini or an suv which is just plain stupid and Codes' R&D needs to be shoot for that decision.Lemme know what you think.
mrcllusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
NowYaKnow

If I'm running the pos lights off the ignition harness on the newer chryslers/fords, I usually find the ignition fuse and upgrade the OEM fuse by 5 amps. Then on my module I use a fuse 5 amps less than that one. In a perfect world it should work, but honestly there's a good chance the vehicle ends up on a tow truck if there's an issue. I think you are cutting it too close using a 10 amp fuse for the whole system. The park lights on the newer fords/chryslers draw around 3.5 - 5A now, but a few years from now the park lights and ignition wiring will draw more as the vehicles are getting older.
NowYaKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
Mark Mizenko

I use the factory ignition feed if I'm doing (-) pk lights only, NEVER for (+).

If something were to happen to a bulb/socket or wiring, it could kill the ignition circuit if it's used for the pk light feed. I dont know about the pk light circuit only drawing 3 - 3.5 amps
Mark Mizenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
mrcllusb

Okay guys i decided to go with the Clifford 50.5x to go into my Milan.Now i was looking over the wiring advice about using a relay for the (+) parking light circuit.The wiring diagram i have for the 07 Milan(audiovox) says to grab the (+) parking light wire at the parking light under the hood, not at the switch.Can anyone get me the Directed tech sheet for my vehicle? I know that usually they are more detailed than other wiring diagrams.

Last edited by mrcllusb : 03-27-2008 at 10:31 AM.
mrcllusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
supra0011

mrcllusb.... i have the techsheet for you but its TOO big to post in the forum slot it says ....i can email it to you if youd like...by the way ..try to use positive parking lights it is VERY easy to find in kick panel...negative is easy too but you need to do a parking light isolation relay which is just needless work..
supra0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #16
supra0011

oops didnt realize this thread is a year old ...just relaized it said Feb 2008 lol
supra0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
adams001

Default Re: Looking for wiring diagram for 07 Mercury Milan

I usually find the ignition fuse and upgrade the OEM fuse by 5 amps. Then on my module I use a fuse 5 amps less than that one. In a perfect world it should work, but honestly there's a good chance the vehicle ends up on a tow truck if there's an issue. I think you are cutting it too close using a 10 amp fuse for the whole system.

Brainhealthandpuzzles - diagram of brain
adams001 is offline   Reply With Quote