CARSOUND.COM Forum

Go Back   CARSOUND.COM Forum > Archived Forums > Richard Clark on Audio
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #191
Slick

My question is why would you guys think or would question wether it WOULDN'T work with horns etc? Andy, correct me if where I'm wrong...but the MS-8 isn't going to know if you have horns, tweets, domes, cones whatever ...it's going to "hear" whatever the output is and work from there....that's one of the aspects of this processor I find so different from we're all used to (one of many)....we're used to telling a processor what to do and then listening to whatever output we get and adjusting from there....the MS to me is different in that it "listens" to our output and adjusts upstream to get the results it or we want...to me that's totally fresh thinking and why I say this processor is so different from everything we're all used to.

I don't know if that came out right, did that make sense Andy and anyone else?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #192
Jason Ewing

Well, my question is more along the line of crossover points and slopes. Can/will it have completely adjustable xover points??? what about slopes. Forgive me for not knowing as much about this unit, it finally slowed down here and i have a lot of products to catch up on. Let me research it some more on my own, and i'll post specifics later.
Montreal, Qc, H4P 2G1
www.idatalink.com
support@adsdata.ca

1.866.427.2999 x2
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #193
Slick

J, check out Andy's first post on the first page of this monster thread...here's what he said about the x-overs

"The electronic crossover that's built in is fully configurable. You can assign any channel to be anything and it includes an EZ setup mode and an advanced mode. In EZ setup, you tell each channel the speaker location (front right, for example), then you tell it what speaker is connected (6" full-range). It sets the crossover point. In advanced mode, you tell the channel the location (right front) and then assign a filter type (HP, LP, BP) and then you set the filter frequency (you can assign any value between 20 at 20kHz) and the slope (1st-4th order)."
Old 06-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #194
Jason Ewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
J, check out Andy's first post on the first page of this monster thread...here's what he said about the x-overs

"The electronic crossover that's built in is fully configurable. You can assign any channel to be anything and it includes an EZ setup mode and an advanced mode. In EZ setup, you tell each channel the speaker location (front right, for example), then you tell it what speaker is connected (6" full-range). It sets the crossover point. In advanced mode, you tell the channel the location (right front) and then assign a filter type (HP, LP, BP) and then you set the filter frequency (you can assign any value between 20 at 20kHz) and the slope (1st-4th order)."
ummmmmm yeah, ummmmmmm that was probably a good idea to read the first friggin post. lol
Montreal, Qc, H4P 2G1
www.idatalink.com
support@adsdata.ca

1.866.427.2999 x2
Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #195
DonaldRyanCrouch

Sorry Andy and Jason. Just can't wait to get hold of one of these. Andy, when and where is the JBL BMW making appearances?
Also how would u compare the MS-8 to the use of the rane 30 band processors. Is this something that could replace them?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #196
winslow

It did in Gary's old Regal...he had analog Rane stuff in there for a while.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #197
awehmeye

A 30-band graphic EQ is a garden hoe in comparison to the nuclear-powered rototiller that is MS-8. Plus, anyone can tune with MS-8, tuning with a manual EQ of any kind requires some expertise. Additionally, every output channel of MS-8 has a separate EQ. You'd need 4 stereo 31 band EQ's to do that and it still wouldn't sound as good. Finally, once MS-8 has done its tuning, we give you a tool that looks like a 31-band EQ to make some fine adjustments.
Mobile Systems Division
Old 06-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #198
DonaldRyanCrouch

Thanks Andy. Anybody want to buy some Rane 30 band eqs?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #199
Anthony_B_Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by awehmeye View Post
... Plus, anyone can tune with MS-8, tuning with a manual EQ of any kind requires some expertise. ....
To me this is the greatest achievement I've noticed in my limited MS8 exposure. The tuning algorithm will make a tuning neophyte a tuning pro as soon as they run the setup.
'00, '02 USAC 601+ Adv. Con World Champ
'02 SLAP 601+ Ult Ama Natl Champ
'02 IASCA 601+ Ult Ama World Finals 2nd place
Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #200
winslow

I need to buy one...