PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring diagram for 93 Camry Le

Y2J
08-23-2002, 04:49 AM
Hey guys my neighbor put a Bulldog autostart into his 1993 Camry, but can't get the door locks to work properly. So could someone post the wiring diagram for the 93 Camry Le, so I can help him out and fix his problem, or probably just give him the info so he can do it. Thank you guys. Also I have no idea what bulldog model he has, only that my DEI is made better. :D

HzEmall Customs
08-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Y2J:
Hey guys my neighbor put a Bulldog autostart into his 1993 Camry, but can't get the door locks to work properly. So could someone post the wiring diagram for the 93 Camry Le, so I can help him out and fix his problem, or probably just give him the info so he can do it. Thank you guys. Also I have no idea what bulldog model he has, only that my DEI is made better. :D Bulldog..........wonderful........tell your buddy to save himself alot of headache and take it out...........when his ignition switch goes up in flames just now that it WASN'T your install.......its the product !!

Murph
08-23-2002, 12:48 PM
YEAR: 1993 MAKE: Toyota MODEL: Camry STYLE:

| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL | WIRE LOCATION |
| 12V |white - white/red | + |ignition harness |
| STARTER |black/white | + |ignition harness |
| IGNITION |black/yellow | + |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION |black/orange | + |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY |pink/blue *1 | + |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK |blue/white | - |passengers kick blue plug |
| POWER UNLOCK |lt. green/red | - |passengers kick blue plug |
| PARKING LIGHTS + |green | |bottom of fuse box *3 |
| PARKING LIGHTS - |green | |steering column |
| HEADLIGHTS |red/yellow | - |steering column |
| DOOR TRIGGER |red/white | - |*4 |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN |red/white | - |light or sw. in trunk |
| HOOD PIN | | | |
| TRUNK/HATCH RELEASE | | | |
| FACTORY ALARM ARM | | | |
|FACTORY ALARM DISARM | | | |
| TACHOMETER |black | |check connector *2 |
| BRAKE WIRE |green/white | + |bottom of fuse box *3 |

NOTES:
*1 Not required for remote start.
*2 Located on the rear side of the passenger strut tower.
*3 In a white connector just below the fuses with the wires exiting out
toward you.
*4 Remove black plastic air duct covering the top right side of the fuse
box to access a 6 pin plug containing the red/white.

I would also suggest getting a real system.

Y2J
08-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks murph for the post. Don't think telling him will do anything, just a neighbor not a friend. Trying to help him out.

Chris Luongo
08-26-2002, 01:41 AM
Those door lock wires are tested by turning the key in the passenger's door lock, NOT by using the power door lock switch. (Occasionally, DEI will put a footnote attesting to this, but usually they keep it a secret for some reason.)

Don't use the wires that test off the pushbutton switch on the door. If the car's owner locks the door with the key, or if he opens the door, presses Lock, and then closes the door...the unlock function of the switch is disabled.

Also, the correct lock/unlock wires will usually be available at the fuse box, but it is sometimes difficult to test the wires at that location while operating the passenger's door key---two people would make it easier.

Y2J
08-26-2002, 04:41 AM
Thanks Chris, will let him know. Guess I might have to be the second guy.